OUR TOP 8 ILLUSTRATOR TOOLS
Business and advices
Starting adobe illustrator for the first time and looking for the right tools? Not to worry, we have put together our top 8 illustrator tools to make every creative’s work easier. Let’s get right into it.
1. Selection Tool: This tool is the most basic tool which lets the user select any object by dragging or clicking on it.
2. With the Direct Selection tool, you can select individual path points and segments; you can also add or subtract items to/from the selection.
3. The Pen tool is a simple selection feature that enables you to fill, stroke or make selections from whatever you draw. It's one of the core tools you need to master before you start exploring more advanced features or getting into Photoshop plugins.
4. The Type Tools are what you will use when you want to add text to a Photoshop document. The Type Tool comes in four different variations and allows users to create both horizontal and vertical type.
5. The Rectangle tool allows you to draw rectangular shapes (vector and pixel-based) and paths (shape outlines). Select the Rectangle tool (U) .
6. The Shape Builder tool allows you to create complex objects by merging and erasing simpler objects. The Shape Builder tool selects edges and regions of an object, which can be merged or erased to form a new object.
7. The Eyedropper tool can sample colours from anywhere in an image and add them to your Swatches panel.
8. In Illustrator, adding artboards of different sizes, orientations, and more to your documents makes it simpler and faster to create and edit all kinds of multi-page projects. The Artboard tool is used to both create and edit artboards.
Want more tips like this? Follow us on our social media platforms for more insightful content.